Ayurvedic consultations | Triyoga London NW1
one-to-one ayurvedic health coaching
Illness and health problems are a result of underlying energy (prana, or chi) imbalance. So rather than treating symptoms with pills, Ayurveda corrects this energy to bring the five elements present in all of us back into balance.
In a consultation, I will determine your prakriti (your unique balance of space, air, fire, water and earth) and explain how this determines your physical and emotional traits and how to live in harmony with it. I then asses vikriti – which of these energies are imbalanced and causing your health problems – including traditional diagnostic techniques of tongue analysis and pulse reading.
Then, I give you a personal treatment plan. Ayurveda means foods and daily habits based on your own natural environment. If you're British, eating Indian foods is not Ayurveda! I also recommend herbal medicines that are easily available, such as Pukka Herbs.
Ayurveda cannot be reduced to a diet sheet or a magic pill. It is multi-pronged approach to returning to full health and vitality. All Ayurvedic treatments are designed to boost and balance prana, your life force. Your treatment advice and handouts may include:
- What foods to eat and to avoid.
- Lifestyle advice, e.g. eating habits, sleep, exercise, massage and yoga.
- Insight into the health issues you're genetically predisposed to, and how to minimise your risk.
- Meditation, pranayama or relaxation techniques for stress relief and emotional balance.
Book this if you want to find out your prakriti and more about how to incorporate Ayurveda into your life, or to understand your imbalanced dosha and deal with a health issue that is not acute or chronic, such as a recent digestive problem.
Book this for a more chronic health issue or if you have several symptoms (e.g digestion problems, a skin condition and stress). 90 minutes also gives us time to address deeper issues, or can include guided relaxation, breath coaching and/or meditation.
After you book, I'll email you a health questionnaire, which I go through before I meet you.
This is usually three weeks later so I can see how you respond to treatment, and work with you step by step on building healthy habits. I want to support you, and not send you off on your own with a lot of overwhelming new information.
- Digestive complaints, including bloating, constipation, gas, candida, IBS, IBD etc
- Weight gain, obesity, type II diabetes
- Skin conditions
- PMS and menstrual difficulties
- Pre/post-menopause difficulties such as hot flushes and the emotional effects
- Joint and muscle pain and stiffness inc. arthritis etc
- Emotional imbalances, stress, anger, nerves, fear, controlling, mood swings, overactive mind, etc
- Anxiety, depression and mild to moderate nervous system disorders
- Fatigue, insomnia, low energy
- Most mild to moderate health conditions
- Support while undergoing medical treatment for serious diseases. I.E, nutritional support, stress relief techniques, meditation, massage, and/or energy healing
conditions not treated
- Acute conditions including bleeding, inflammation, sprains, injuries, accidents, sudden pain, stroke
- Severe physical conditions such as slipped disc, spondylolisthesis, disabilities
- Severe neurological disorders
- Serious illnesses such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes type 1 and tropical diseases